Are you a coach or career coach who is looking to:
- enable your clients to assess their readiness for self-employment?
- provide coaching to your clients who are looking to go self-employed?
- open up a new business stream?
Evolve Consulting Services and Career Counselling Services have combined to offer a unique licensing training programme to use the Testing the Water® questionnaire and Testing the Water® toolkit with your own clients.
We know that the number of people dreaming of becoming their own boss is on the increase, and that more and more people are on the brink of starting a small business.
We know that there are many potential clients waiting to be supported to assess their readiness for self-employment.
We know that career coaches have asked to use the Testing the Water® questionnaire with their own clients.
We are responding by providing a way of becoming licensed to use the Testing the Water® questionnaire. This way as a career coach you can respond to your own clients’ needs, and develop a new line of business for yourself.
- a way to opening up a new business stream
- a starter kit of five paper-based Testing the Water® questionnaires and an e-copy of the Testing the Water® questionnaire
- own paper-based, bound copy and e-copy of the Testing the Water® toolkit to help clients to facilitate their transition to self-employment
- the confidence and competence to use a research-based questionnaire with existing and new clients
- a structure to use to challenge and reality test clients’ dreams of becoming self-employed
- a sensible way of scaling down clients’ entrepreneurial ambitions to more workable plans
Central to this licensing workshop is becoming familiar and confident with the Testing the Water® questionnaire and Testing the Water® toolkit.
The Testing the Water® questionnaire has been designed by Cathy Brown, and developed in partnership with Birkbeck College, University of London over 18 months of research. It aims to help clients to assess their readiness for self-employment.
The Testing the Water® toolkit has been designed by both Cathy Brown and Rob Nathan. It is designed for coaches and career coaches to use with their clients. It aims to provide practical exercises for clients to facilitate and check out their move to self-employment.
The licensing approach has a number of steps:
step one – testing the water
ahead of the workshop, you will receive your own Testing the Water® questionnaire to complete (allow up to 90 minutes)
step two – building familiarity and confidence
- the licensing workshop takes place either individually or in a group of up to 12 coaches and career coaches
- the session lasts for one day
- the workshop will help you to make sense of your own Testing the Water® questionnaire results, and become familiar with the Testing the Water® toolkit
- there will be the opportunity to coach and be coached, using the Testing the Water® questionnaire and Testing the Water® toolkit
- case study discussions will bring alive the different client scenarios you could face
step three – developing a business stream
- the licensing workshop will also provide some practical advice and pointers in developing your own marketing approach
- we will provide pricing guidelines for the Testing the Water® questionnaire, one-to-one coaching sessions and client workshop
step four – receiving follow up support
- supervision and business support: the fee for the licensing workshop includes one 1:1 sessions with Cathy Brown or Rob Nathan to support the development of your work
£695 + VAT, which includes the workshop day, a one-off licence fee, your own Testing the Water® questionnaire plus a starter kit of a further five paper-based questionnaires and an e-copy of the Testing the Water® questionnaire, a personal copy of the Testing the Water – Is Self Employment for Me? Practical Guide and one supervision/business support session with Cathy Brown or Rob Nathan.
The next course is running:
Please contact us to find out the next course date.
Licensing courses can be arranged to be run on a one to one basis.
If you are interested in applying for this course, then please complete the our application form.
The course investment can give a quick financial payback:
- if you charge £100 per hour for coaching
- and each Testing the Water® client requires 3 hours of coaching
- you will recoup your course investment on seeing your third Testing the Water® coaching client
purchasing additional copies of the questionnaire
The price of the Testing the Water™ questionnaire is:
- Pack of one £15 (£15 per copy) + £3 postage and packaging + VAT
- Pack of five £60 (£12 per copy) + £5 postage and packaging + VAT
- Pack of ten £100 (£10 per copy) + £7.50 postage and packaging + VAT
It is recommended that the price of the Testing the Water® questionnaire is passed on to the client as part of the pricing structure.
The Testing the Water® questionnaire has been developed in partnership with Birkbeck College, University of London over 18 months of research.
To apply for the the Testing the Water® Licensing Course, complete our application form.